Saturday, May 5, 2012

Day 2.5 & 3

Most of this was done in a little under two hours yesterday, with the tail wheel and the wing doors being fitted today. It's now ready for painting so time to get researching on patterns and paints. I think (but am not 100% sure) that Vallejo Russian Green and GW Fortress Grey will do the job nicely. The green lines are splodges are GW's new "Liquid Greenstuff" filler. It works okay for this kind of thing, but for bigger jobs I'd have to go with the manual mix stuff. As you can see, the pilot and canopy are not attached yet. I'll be painting both seperately and gluing them on after the kit is ready for decals. The propeller is currently spinning but with a distressing wobble, so I might glue it into place later. I'm also not 100% happy with how the wing doors went together, and the right wing sticks up a bit more than I'd like so it may be filed down some more.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ta. It's nice to have found the time to update again.

      Delete
  2. My prop is having the same issue mate, but aside from that and the other problems you have noted yours is looking good.

    Stop being so hard on yourself, this is supposed to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But I like complaining on the internet! :p

    ReplyDelete